Thursday, July 12, 2007

All Hands on Deck

The merry band of nine is fully assembled! After a gruelling but good Council meeting Tuesday night and radio interviews and meetings Wednesday morning, I made it on the airplane out of Marathon with just a few minutes to spare.

I had the unexpected pleasure of being able to catch up with Bob Moir, owner of the Yellowtail, Bonefish, and Casa del Sol hotels on Grassy Key and husband of recently retired Chamber Executive Director Audrey Moir. We sat next to each other on the plane to Atlanta and then parted ways.

The quick version of the rest of my travels was after plane delays, waiting for ground transportation, and a requested visitation of Wal-Mart (at 12:30 am), I got to the campground at 2:15 am Thursday morning. Upon my arrival, I discover they had put me in the tent for the evening! I feel the love!

The next morning we were awoken by the Harley Davidson alarm at 7:20 am from the campsite 30 feet from our tent. Nothing like loud pipes in the morning! Kelsey is making bacon and Deb is doing the eggs. And I am put in charge of the fire. Life is good!

We have a full day, so someone will post more later. Team CrackerBarrel Pyro President signing off for now...

No comments: