Monday, July 9, 2007

Today, we went to Barb’s Doctor as overnight the lymph nodes in my face and throat got swollen and the swelling around the eye continued to increase. The Dr. did not know what is causing this mysterious illness but he was concerned about the infection spreading especially since your eyes are so close to the brain. OH MY GOD ! I thought – a lobotomy was not how I wanted to spend my summer vacation. Anyway, the Dr. put together an aggressive treatment plan. I got two shots, one in each hip – a strong antibiotic and a steroid shot. Deb is really looking forward to my first roid rage episode. We have already had some terrific bonding experience – luckily Deb forgot to bring her camera to the Dr’s office. Note from Deb: I plan to make Cindy reenact the shot drama at our next doctor's office-which I have no intention of missing!! It has just been too much fun..." I also have to take antibiotics for 10 days and take an antibiotic steroid drop in my eye. If I am not better by Asheville or get worse – he said I need to head to an emergency room. But we are heading north tomorrow.

BTW – Both the blog pictures were taken two days ago – I couldn’t publish a picture as how it looks now… ewww.

No comments: