Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fun at Luray

At the garden maze - Which way do we go?


The crew inside the Caverns...

from Kelsey...

Today we went to Luray Caverns. I wasn’t too thrilled because it didn’t sound that fun, but it turns out that I found it pretty cool. There was this “pool” of water where it was an exact reflection of the stalactites on the ceiling of the cavern. This makes it look really cool. I also liked how some of the formations of rocks looked like an object. For example, there was one formation that looked like a liberty bell, one that looked like Snoopy’s doghouse, one that looked like a snake, and one that looked like an ice cream cone. We learned about how the cavern was discovered. We also learned about how they found a teenage Indian girl body of bones in the stone. There were lots of things we learned about on the tour that interested me.

Next, we did the Garden Maze. It was pretty entertaining to watch my mom and dad try to find their way! You had to find 4 goals throughout the maze, and then find the finish. The kids raced each other, and Riley finished first. Regan and I were on a team and finished together.

After that, we went to the Antique Cars and Carriages Museum. My dad really liked this and went through it very slowly (as usual) but I was the first done and probably made record time going through there! While we waited for my parents to finish, Cindy, Lindsay, Regan and I went to get Dip N’ Dots and got a “game plan” (as Cindy calls it) for the night. Of course, when my dad FINALLY came out of the museum, he wanted to take a “scenic drive” through the town which we all quickly vetoed.

Shortly following that, we headed back to the RV Park. As soon as we got there, all kids (except Lindsay) went to the camp’s water park. We bought wristbands for each of us four, but the water slide was pretty lame so we didn’t go on it for long. But, we didn’t waste our money because later that afternoon, we all went mini-golfing and paddle-boating which were included with the wristband. We had dinner and then everyone played a game of our favorite and classic card game, Shaft.

Afterwards, Cindy, Regan, Lindsay, (somewhat Chris), and I watched a chick flick (“Music and Lyrics” and it was very good; we recommend it!) on Cindy’s laptop from the comfort of our air conditioned cabin. Then it was lights out, but Regan and I shared a double bed in the cabin, and the fun didn’t end for us! We each had the giggles and had so, so, so much fun staying up chatting and laughing for about an hour or two!

No comments: